Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Allan H. Wimer Interviewed by The Disabled List

When I first read about Chill Towels I have to admit I was skeptical. When you hear a tagline such as, “It’s like air conditioning in a bag” I think you need to put on the curious hat. The more I read about the success they were having in the cooling arena I became more convinced they have a solid product.

I wanted to learn more about the product, what is behind it and what people think about it. To do this, I sent a list of questions to Allan H. Wimer, the Chairman, CEO and Founder of Chill International. What follows are the questions posed and the answers straight from Allan.

1) How does the CHILL Cooling Towel work?

CHILL Towels work very simply, just take the towel out of the package and shake for 15 seconds to activate the all-natural formula. The towel will immediately get 20 to 30 degrees colder than your body temperature and will last from 2 to 5 hours as a one time use. Once the towel begins to feel warm just re-shake the towel and it will return to the original cool. If you re-use the towel and return it to the zip-lock packaging after using the towel 4 times a day for 15 minutes the towel will last 7 days or 30 uses.

2) What are some of the fitness benefits of using the CHILL Cooling Towel?

The towels enhance the bodies actual cooling process allowing your core body temperature to cool down. The towels are antibacterial so they can be used at health clubs to cool you down and even wipe down the equipment.

One of the best examples is on our website under the CHILL Experience.

“I tend to run in the early morning and late night during the summer, but the other day I got the bug to run around 11 a.m. It was very hot, so for the first time, I brought a CHILL Towel with me for my five-mile run, wearing it on my head under my visor. I ran two extra miles and at a faster pace than I normally run even on a cool day. I felt cool.” J. Moffitt, Personal Trainer, Key West, Florida

3) Can you reuse the CHILL Cooling Towels?

Right now we only have the 10X10 and 12X12 towels in the new zip-lock packaging which allows for up 30 uses, the larger towels will be available with the zip-lock late Spring or early Summer since they are being field tested as I write this. Just place the towel back in the zip-lock packaging to maintain the towels cooling effect. On the larger towels many of our customers will put the towels in a regular zip-lock package and the towels will maintain their multiple uses the same as the zip-lock packaging.

Conquer and relieve your athritis pain now.
4) Can the CHILL Cooling Towel improve your athletic performance?

The example above or the CHILL Experience on our website. If you have watched a basketball game the players wipe down with a dry towel, this actual stops the bodies cooling process, sweat, with CHILL Towels it actually enhances the cooling process leaving the player invigorated, energized and refreshed. This allows the player to perform at a higher level. The towel also does not leave any residue on your hands which is very important to golfers and tennis players.

5) What is a interesting story about someone using the CHILL Cooling Towel?

The best example is on our website under the CHILL Experience.

“Thank you Garry for the Chill Towels. It’s hard to say, but I know that using the towels had to have taken 5-10 minutes off my time. I ran almost 20 minutes faster this year than last in the Devil Marathon at Lake Mead National Recreation Area in Boulder City, NV. Granted it was a little hotter last year, but all of that aside I was extremely grateful for the towels. I will be recommending them to others. I liked the fact that I could put it around my neck and then stick the ends down the front of my shirt. In that heat I shook it 3 or 4 times and it still lasted about 8 miles. The only reason I got rid of it, was there was a fresh one available. Once again thank you for your support of the Devil race. I’m sure it will be around for a long time! – Joel Milbrandt

I have to write to you and tell you what a wonderful product you have. I ran the Falmouth road race for the 8th time and at the Expo I picked up one of your Chill cooling towels. It was wonderful and the 4th mile it went around my neck and it was still cool later that day. I would definitely use your product again. Thanks for cooling me on a hot summer road race. – Mary Ellen Ellis

No comments:

Post a Comment